Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
As the CFO for the Americas and SVP at Schenker, Inc., Jan led the finance function for $3 billion in business and 10,000 FTEs. Under his leadership, the Shared Services Center FTE count was reduced 60% and DSO went from 57 to 41 days, saving $87 million in working capital. These are numbers that most organizations dream of. While the SS&O industry is always looking forward, sometimes we forget to look back and ensure we have the basics right.
In this session, Jan will discuss how his organization achieved so much and how he has taken those principles to his new organization which is currently setting up its own shared services organization including insight on:
- Working with senior management to ensure full transparency and get buy-in for proposed strategies
- Documenting work processes in the SSC and how to upgrade in the 40 branches
- Making SOPs for onboarding new clients
- Determining best-fit SSC location
- Choosing the right technologies for your go-live – or whether to use vendors at all