Corporate Controller and Principal Accounting Officer
8:30 AM Women in Shared Services
This special workshop is designed by and for female shared services leaders now and tomorrow to enhance you strategic planning and leadership capabilities.
Part A: Shared Services and Your Career
How does shared services fit into your career? Industry leaders will discuss how to make the most of your time in shared services from a whether you’re in it for the long haul or just making a detour. Take home insight relating to:
- What skills/capabilities do SSO leaders need to possess? How do you develop those skills within shared services?
- Why adopting a cross-functional and customer-centric mindset will benefit you within shared services and beyond
Part B: Identify and Develop Tomorrow’s Shared Services Leader to Ensure Future Success
Considering it’s often more cost-effective to hire from within, this session will showcase real-world strategies for building formal leadership development and mentorship programs for high-potential SSO talent with a special focus on Women. Attend and discover how to:
- Leverage mentoring, coaching and rotational programs to transform high-potentials into future leaders
- Identify and tackle the unique challenges women in shared services face related to career advancement, leadership training and skills development
3:20 PM HARNESSING INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION: Moving From Concept to Scale and Navigating the Associated Challenges
- The technology is proven, proof of concepts completed – what’s the next major hurdle?
- How to bring the technology to scale: Buy vs. build – what is the decision tree? Is it a binary choice or is there a hybrid approach?
- What is your GBS data strategy and how does it enable your IA strategy?
- What are the geopolitical, social and ethical considerations of automation?
The pace of change in the SSO market today means that shared service leaders can no longer choose to be reactionary. In order to keep their competitive edge they must learn to anticipate the future direction of the industry and envisage it in their planning. This panels gathers together some of the most innovative, creative and forward thinking minds to debate where they think the industry is going!
- Exponential technology disruptions: What’s the future for RPA and Intelligent Automation
- Next generation service delivery models: Captive, Outsourced, Virtual?
- Talent and Geography: What’s the next talent profile and where can SSCs obtain it?