Enjoy 3 case studies on how leading-edge companies are leveraging HR shared services to transform HR delivery:
- TEN INSIGHTS FROM A GLOBAL HR TRANSFORMATION by Zach Wemple, Vice President, Human Resources, Evoqua Water Technologies
- CREATING A SEAMLESS EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE by Mehdi Bhagat, HR Services Centre Lead Americas, Microsoft
- TIPPING THE SCALE: HOW TO LEVERAGE YOUR SIZE FOR RECRUITMENT AND PRE-BOARDING by Kelly Furbee, Vice President, Talent Acquisition, HCAA
4 case studies on how real-world shared services and GBS leaders are reaching new heights of efficiency and performance with RPA, Intelligent Automation and Artificial Intelligence:
- HOW INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION TURNS SHARED SERVICES INTO A REVENUE VEHICLE FOR THE BUSINESS by Mel Steals, SVP - Strategic Planning and Analysis - Treasury, PNC
- INNOVATION SESSION: WHAT’S IN YOUR VALUE-ADDED SERVICE CATALOGUE? by Chet Chambers, Senior Director, Innovation, HP
- CREATING A BETTER WAY THROUGH RPA by Tony Staniak, VP of Operating Accounting & Finance Continuous Improvement, QuadGraphics
- DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: BRINGING THE POWER OF INTELLIGENT PROCESS AUTOMATION TO LIFE by Lee Coulter, CEO, SVP, Ascension Ministry Shared Services
There is no quicker way to get C-Suite attention then by generating cold hard cash, and the good news is there are so many ways to do it! This session talks through some tried and tested methods to improve cash flow:
- Generating cash through earlier payments: How can you negotiate with suppliers to get what you want?
- Automating credit, collections, dispute resolution and cash application
Presentation by John Transier, SVP Finance Shared Services, Harland Clarke
HARNESSING INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION AT GM: Moving From Concept to Scale and Navigating the Associated Challenges
From our GBS Vision track, Daniel A. Mahlebashian, Executive Director, Global Business Services, General Motors Corp. discuss how his team has leveraged RPA in GBS. Key points include:
- The technology is proven, proof of concepts completed – what’s the next major hurdle?
- How to bring the technology to scale: Buy vs. build – what is the decision tree? Is it a binary choice or is there a hybrid approach?
- What is your GBS data strategy and how does it enable your IA strategy?
- What are the geopolitical, social and ethical considerations of automation?
P2P Masterclass: Become the Global Process Owner for 2018 and Beyond Through Design Thinking, Process Mapping and Digitization
- How to use the GPO model to provide endto-end services and continuously improve
- Driving process excellence globally
- The Importance of Process Excellence and Grasping Global Standardization
Presentation by John Sparks, Senior Director, Shared Service Operations & Implementation, World Vision International
Reconciliations play a vital role to the overall financial statement close process. Improperly done they can lead to errors and open you up to risk. However, properly managed they can result in unexpected value that stretches well beyond the SSC. In this presentation, Mandy Strider, Director, Accounting, Interstate Hotels (Hosted by Blackline) discusses the need for global standardization of the balance sheet reconciliation process which can lead to compliance with policies, reduction of risk and visibility into the global close process. Download this presentation to hear one company’s journey to an improved close through standardization and the use of a cloud automation tool.
How do you add value back to your enterprise in a sustainable way? How can you make a lasting impact? For GE the answer comes through their commercial SSC. Stepping away from traditional transactional activities GE’s GBS is focused on actionable insights and growth; delivering cash, revenue generation and even lead generation for the business. In this presentation, Chris Bevacqua, Commercial Shared Services Leader, GE Global Operations, discusses their route to forming this innovative model and how they used digital transformation to enable it.
Unlike the incremental approach that companies have traditionally taken to shared services, there are a number of intrepid firms going straight to GBS. In this presentation, Chris McCann, Director, Global Business Services Strategy and Enablement, at Bose Corporation, shares their bold transformation; why they chose this route, the blueprint and how they managed their workforce through this rapid change.
Millennials already form over 50% of the workforce, but at Bacardi SSC its 90% which incidentally is exactly the target population for their products. To harness the skills of this demographic they have created a series of very successful initiatives including mentoring programs, branding, rising stars and an aggressive work-life balance agenda. On top of this their social media policy includes internal Facebook pages and Instagram, which is being harnessed to drive engagement and retention. Download this presentation by Christian Rodriguez, Senior Director, Global Shared Services, Bacardi, to learn more.
There are many ways your shared services can add value back to the board. As you move beyond cost-saving, it’s vital you explore these to keep driving your shared services forward. In this presentation, Steve Ellis, Senior Director of Shared Services, at Dana Incorporated, examines their SSO Journey evolving from a Transaction provider to a Value Add & Solution provider and how this allowed them to use the SSC to liberate executives’ time, whilst simultaneously providing strategic insight that contributes to company top and bottom line.
Imagine how your CEO would react if you delivered true business value and digital transformation without requesting an increase in your budget? This is exactly what P&G is doing. As part of its ongoing commitment to continue taking shared services to the next level, P&G now is on a transformational journey to create the next generation shared services that is entirely self-funded. To do this, they are focused on automation while fully embracing exponential technologies like AI, outcome-based work-process design and machine learning. This, in turn, has enabled them to deliver vast efficiencies and drive true value for the business. In this presentation, P&G’s GBS President Julio Nemeth takes us through how they delivered their incredible transformation including overcoming the perennial challenges of developing the talent needed, end-to-end process management and stakeholder buy-in.
A Process Transformation Primer: What is The Roadmap to Success for Greater Alignment with Customers of Finance
Process redesign is not for the faint of heart. It takes time, guts and drive to change something that is often entrenched in company history. What are some key areas to think of when undergoing an end-to-end transformation within the Customer-To-Cash and FP&A functions. In this presentation, Daniel Willoughby, Director, Strategic Initiatives, Coca-Cola European Partners, discusses:
- Efficiency or Effectiveness – What is the key driver?
- What critical governance is necessary for the removal of ‘silo’ operations
- How to align with the business needs
Pricing, Sales, Marketing, Treasury, Risk; there are a wealth of innovative activities being integrated into shared service centers. In this presentation,Chet Chambers, Senior Director, Innovation, HP, examines a few of the most innovative service catalogues around and looks at:
- What are the most exciting activities being added into the SSC
- Service-depth: What is actually being provided?
- What’s Next?: What new activities can benefit from a SSC environment?
Facts & Figures from our 2018 Women in Shared Services Workshop. Check out this overview of where women stand in the shared services workforce in terms of demographics, leadership trajectories and key challenges.
Video version of our 2018 Women in Shared Services Workshop presentation. Outlines the current state of women leadership in shared services.
Check out this presentation from the 2018 tour of Coca-Cola's HR Shared Services Center to learn more about the history, structure, growth and future of their cutting edge SSC.
The video version of their 2018 Site Tour presentation that outline the origin, organization structure and evolution of their world-class HR Shared Services Center.
Do you need to delight every customer or is fast and easy to deal with enough? Finding the right level and creating a culture that can deliver it is vital. Watch this session from the 2018 SSOW to hear best practices from Matt Willden, Customer Experience Leader, Amazon for:
- Ensuring your employees are empowered for quick service recovery
- Gathering effective customer feedback and using it to progress up the value-chain
- Examining your operating model in line with CEM