Main Conference Day One: Tuesday, 20th March 2018
Workshop A8:30 am - 10:30 am SHARED SERVICES 101: Getting Started on the Right Foot and Avoiding the Pitfalls
Critical to the success of a new shared services operation is a clear strategy, a detailed business case, a phased approach, and a focus on change management. This workshop will dive into the must haves for shared services success and explore the most common implementation pitfalls to keep you ahead of the curve.
During this session, you will learn:
- Shared services strategic drivers that will attract corporate budget/funding
- Critical activities for design, implementation, and stabilization
- Key technologies and automation to enhance service
- Talent profiles to ensure sustainability
- Common design and implementation pitfalls
- Practical change management techniques to win the businesses
Workshop B8:30 am - 10:30 am Driving Innovation and a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Continuous Improvement is an integral part of the SSC/GBS journey and as your center grows CI becomes harder and harder to achieve. This workshop discusses the following:
- Using Lean to save $$ on your back office processes
- Creating ongoing efficiencies and productivity within your center
- Building a continuous improvement culture
- Setting KPIs that drive continuous improvement
- What tools should you have in your CI toolkit?
- How do you get a mandate to tackle end-to-end process, what does the business case look like?
- Incorporating CI teams within a shared services function
Workshop C8:30 am - 10:30 am Women in Shared Services
This special workshop is designed by and for female shared services leaders now and tomorrow to enhance you strategic planning and leadership capabilities.
Part A: Shared Services and Your Career
How does shared services fit into your career? Industry leaders will discuss how to make the most of your time in shared services from a whether you’re in it for the long haul or just making a detour. Take home insight relating to:
- What skills/capabilities do SSO leaders need to possess? How do you develop those skills within shared services?
- Why adopting a cross-functional and customer-centric mindset will benefit you within shared services and beyond
Part B: Identify and Develop Tomorrow’s Shared Services Leader to Ensure Future Success
Considering it’s often more cost-effective to hire from within, this session will showcase real-world strategies for building formal leadership development and mentorship programs for high-potential SSO talent with a special focus on Women. Attend and discover how to:
- Leverage mentoring, coaching and rotational programs to transform high-potentials into future leaders
- Identify and tackle the unique challenges women in shared services face related to career advancement, leadership training and skills development
Workshop D8:30 am - 10:30 am Identify, Prioritize & Implement A Successful Intelligent Automation Program
In the RPA, Cognitive, and AI spaces (collectively called Intelligent Automation or IA), the saying “you must walk before you can run” is very relevant. IA is a valuable tool for a wide variety of processes, functions and organizations, but it is a new area of expertise for most leaders. Fortunately, IA lends itself very well to a pilot program approach, providing a way forward for decision-makers with a significant ROI supported by a modest investment, short time frames, and minimal operational exposure. Join this workshop to understand the definitions, context and evolution of RPA and IA that leaders need to understand before embarking on an IA initiative. We will demonstrate tools to prioritize and plan for those opportunities, so that you can gain the support of management and move to implementation. We will finish the workshop with IA case studies showing how automation can be leveraged, including in the most “barren” technology landscapes. In this workshop, we will discuss:
- IA case studies involving a range of scope and maturity in processes and technology
- Developing the IA road map with a supporting business case, including how - IA pilot programs can be standalone initiatives or incorporated within a larger transformation program
8:30 am - 10:30 am DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION MASTER CLASS: Reimaging A Day In the Life Of (RADILO™) – Bringing the Power of Intelligent Process Automation to Life
When you hear people talk about digital operations or digital transformation, these things seem impossibly far away and dependent on lots of advanced technology that IT controls. With RADILO ™, learn to control your own destiny, focus on how to lay out a digital transformation journey and roadmap for individual roles in your operation that is achievable in months.
Take Design Thinking, RPA/RDA, and CIFA (Continuous Improvement for Automation) and learn how to analyze a role, and completely reimagine how that work gets done without being restricted by any legacy user interfaces or IT based systems integration. In this workshop, you will learn:
- The basics of job versus role versus task
- Breaking a job into its primary roles
- Assessing the Cognitive Load of a role
- Inventory “digging” activities
- Tagging intelligent prefetch opportunities
- Performing end-to-end mapping of the current state of a role
See how machine learning can be integrated in the future to truly change the game.
- Integrating customer journey, employee journey and empathy mapping
- Implement new UI and digital process with RPA/RDA tools
- How to execute in modified waterfall or Agile shops
- Generating an iterative set of User Stories that get you out of the gates fast, with new functionality every two weeks
Workshop E10:45 am - 12:45 pm SHARED SERVICES 501: Taking Your Shared Services Operations to the Next Level
Stagnation is the enemy of shared services value creation. How do you increase your offerings in a manageable framework? Attend this workshop and rethink your traditional model of shared services. This session will review next generation concepts and share strategies to boost value in your organization.
- Designing a digital strategy for shared services
- Creating a sustainable governance structure for Robotic Process Automation and Intelligent Automation
- Expanding Centers of Expertise (CoEs)
- Expanding to regional or global delivery models
- Designing and launching predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Achieving business customization without losing efficiency
Workshop F10:45 am - 12:45 pm The How-To-Guide to Digital Transformation: Disruption with a Purpose
When it comes to making operational improvements, tradition suggests to “throw technology at it and things will get better.” Digital Transformation is more than just technology. It is the essential, intentional and deliberate disruption of people, processes and technologies to enable alignment with a company’s strategic vision. It is the act of intentionally and positively disrupting the status quo to yield greater results.
This workshop discusses:
- Why you need to condition your organization for change
- Why you should embrace positive disruption and the benefits of disrupting the status quo
- How purpose-driven disruption is both intentional and deliberate
- The importance of establishing and communicating your strategic vision to steer your journey
- The value of Business Process Optimization – driving innovation and leaning out processes
- Where to begin improving your business processes
- Why technology is only part of the solution
- Creating ongoing efficiencies and productivity within your Shared Service Center
- Building a continuous improvement culture
- Instilling employee passion and ownership from the beginning to sustain change
Workshop G10:45 am - 12:45 pm Plotting your Shared Services Careers
Are you at the beginning of your shared services journey and are wondering what comes next? Do you think about whether or not a shared services career will take you to retirement?
We have all heard the remarks that shared services is just a back office function and that the “real work” is more forward facing. But over the last 10 years, those opinions have been steadily changing as more people are seeing shared services as an attractive career choice, as employees get broader skills beyond their respective functions.
This interactive workshop will be led by a combination of shared services organization recruiters and shared services executives and will discuss:
- How shared services offers global opportunities lacking at most other organizations
- The path from AP Manager to CFO
- Getting shared services into the broader career pathing programs at every company
- How the current digital transformation trend will work in the shared services employees’ favor
Workshop H10:45 am - 12:45 pm How To Determine If & When Your IA Initiatives Might Be Ready For A Center Of Excellence (COE)
There’s certainly a lot of value in establishing a CoE for organizations with robust IA initiatives.
However, how do you determine if your organization’s IA program is in need of a CoE – now or in the near future?
In this session, we will discuss such matters as:
- Assessing your IA program’s envisioned short and long-term objectives
- Evaluating your IA program’s scope, human capital and IT infrastructure capabilities – where it is now and where it may be in the future
- Regulations your organization must keep top of mind – and if a CoE would assist with managing these matters
- Governance, PR, media relations & marketing
Master Class10:45 am - 12:45 pm Mid-Cap Master Class
F500 Principles for Your Mid-Cap Organization
As a mid-size company do you ask:
- Does size matter when it comes to shared services success?
- Don’t you need to be a large company to achieve economies of scale through centralization?
- With scale, aren’t we in a better purchasing position for new providers?
Smaller companies can capitalize on shared services and achieve the same benefits as their larger compatriots. Not everything is “scale dependant.” This in-depth Master Class offers you case studies and proven and tested approaches to achieve big success on a small scale.
An Essential Guidebook to Successful Shared Services Implementation for a Mid-Cap Company
- This session unveils all critical success factors for implementing Shared Services in a smaller size company and shares lessons learned from some real examples.
- Critical success factors to Shared Services implementation in a “smaller” organization: People, Process, Technology and Customer
- Does the functional vs multifunctional scope decision point influence the opportunity and approach taken?
- The make or buy decision when size if not so significant
- Lessons learned from some real life examples
11:00 am - 1:10 pm MAIN CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND EXHIBIT HALL OPENING WITH WELCOME MIMOSAS
1:10 pm - 1:20 pm SSON Opening Remarks
1:20 pm - 1:30 pm Opening Remarks from the Chairperson
1:30 pm - 2:10 pm KEYNOTE: Digital Disruption and the Next Generation of Shared Services
Imagine how your CEO would react if you delivered true business value and digital transformation without requesting an increase in your budget? This is exactly what P&G is doing. As part of its ongoing commitment to continue taking shared services to the next level, P&G now is on a transformational journey to create the next generation shared services that is entirely self-funded. To do this, they are focused on automation while fully embracing exponential technologies like AI, outcome-based work-process design and machine learning. This, in turn, has enabled them to deliver vast efficiencies and drive true value for the business. In this session P&G’s GBS President Julio Nemeth takes us through how they delivered their incredible transformation including overcoming the perennial challenges of developing the talent needed, end-to-end process management and stakeholder buy-in.
2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Why Pinnacle Enterprises are Achieving 4X ROI with RPA
In this session, Dell EMC and Automation Anywhere will share findings from a commissioned Pinnacle Model™ Assessment, revealing how pinnacle enterprises dramatically outperform others in driving ROI, operational efficiency and revenue growth, by implementing Intelligent Digital Workforces. Learn what Pinnacle enterprises do differently to achieve these results.
Hosted by Automation Anywhere
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm NETWORKING BREAK IN THE EXPO HALL
Take advantage of the WiFi lounge, Beer Garden and Relaxation Station
Track Sessions – Maturity Curve Groups Begin
HR Vision3:20 pm - 4:00 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Rethinking HR Tasks with Intelligent Automation and Digital Enablement
This session discusses how automation through core HR systems, and eventually, Robotics Process Automation can be used to stream-line activities such as service requests, payroll, applicant sourcing and employee onboarding. The panel also uncovers the practicalities of such a move; how can you ensure employee data is secure? How can you get buy-in for HR RPA investment? How do you orient and engage HR teams to technologies they’re unfamiliar with? And How to manage any displaced workforce.
- Evolving from email, text, into machine interactivity
- Leveraging AI and RPA to take on the work
- Bridging the gap for non-technical team members
Stage One: Emerging3:20 pm - 4:00 pm From Autonomous Cars to RPA: Innovating Front to Back with Delphi
As a pioneer of autonomous cars, Delphi is well know for it’s product innovation (last year they drove from San Francisco to NYC last year in a driverless car), now they are applying the same level of innovation to their back office at scale! In this session their GBS heads talks about:
- How people and robots can co-exist
- How to leapfrog in (if you are not an early adopter)
- How to scale up your RPA implementation
Stage Two: Evolving3:20 pm - 4:00 pm CREATING FAST CASH: The SSC’s Place in Driving Working Capital
There is no quicker way to get C-Suite attention then by generating cold hard cash, and the good news is there are so many ways to do it! This session talks through some tried and tested methods to improve cash flow:
- Generating cash through earlier payments: How can you negotiate with suppliers to get what you want?
- Automating credit, collections, dispute resolution and cash application
Stage Three: Adding Value3:20 pm - 4:00 pm INNOVATION SESSION: What’s in Your Value-Added Service Catalogue?
Treasury, Risk; there are a wealth of innovative activities being integrated into shared service centers. This session examines a few of the mostinnovative service catalogues around and looks at:
- What are the most exciting activities being added into the SSC
- Service-depth: What is actually being provided?
- What’s Next?: What new activities can benefit from a SSC environment?
GBS Evolutions Forum- Hosted by: KPMG3:20 pm - 4:00 pm HARNESSING INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION: Moving From Concept to Scale and Navigating the Associated Challenges
- The technology is proven, proof of concepts completed – what’s the next major hurdle?
- How to bring the technology to scale: Buy vs. build – what is the decision tree? Is it a binary choice or is there a hybrid approach?
- What is your GBS data strategy and how does it enable your IA strategy?
- What are the geopolitical, social and ethical considerations of automation?
HR Vision4:00 pm - 4:40 pm Ten Insights from a Global HR Transformation
If you were challenged to completely rethink your HR organization without any restrictions, what decisions would you make and how much could you accomplish in twelve months? This workshop follows Evoqua’s twelve month Global HR Transformation, and addresses:
- Designing an Effective HR Organizational Structure
- Pushing the boundaries for Shared Services and what can be included
- Determining which HR functions keep internal & which to outsource
- Selecting an HCM & supporting HR Technologies
- Identifying ways to significantly reduce the cost of HR Service Delivery
- A full Implementation & Transition within twelve months
Stage 1 Emerging4:00 pm - 4:40 pm 5 Signs that Show that Your Talent is Ready for a Modern SSC
SSONs 2017 Global Report showed that alongside process excellence and functional skills, SSCs are now more than ever looking for customer service, automation and data-analytics to support their latest endeavors. How do you ensure your talent matches your current and future business plans?
- Building career paths in a modern SSC: What are the different routes your talent can take?
- Reassessing your talent needs: Digital, data, knowledge-based – where can you get these skills?
- Developing and tracking diversity
- Accelerating talent to prepare for the future
Stage 2 Evolving4:00 pm - 4:40 pm Employing a Digital Workforce at Lightening Speed with Enterprise-RPA
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is one of the nation’s oldest and largest financial institutions, with $152.3 billion in assets, and 1,150 branches in 11 states. Consumer Banking products and services include a full range of banking, lending, savings, wealth management and small business offerings. One year ago, the automation journey began and it’s truly been a win-win for both the bank and its customers. Within that time, they have decreased transaction turnaround time, implemented underwriting enhancements for customer loans, and improved the customer experience, all while improving regulatory controls and lowering risk. Now, enterprise RPA is looked at as a go-to solution and with some 50 processes deployed and another 50 on the way, it’s all about scalability, speed, and enhancing controls. During this session, Tom will share his vision to digitize the “ancient” processes that are legacy within the bank, and take the digital workforce into the front office, the branches, and the customer service team.
Stage 3 Adding Value4:00 pm - 4:40 pm FAST-TRACK TO VALUE: Creating a Commercial GBS with GE
How do you add value back to your enterprise in a sustainable way? How can you make a lasting impact?
For GE the answer comes through their commercial SSC. Stepping away from traditional transactional activities GE’s GBS is focused on actionable insights and growth; delivering cash, revenue generation and even lead generation for the business. In this session GE’s commercial SSC lead discusses their route to forming this innovative model and how they used digital transformation to enable it.
HR Vision4:40 pm - 5:20 pm Excelling in an SSC with 90% Millennials
Millennials already form over 50% of the workforce, but at Bacardi SSC its 90% which incidentally is exactly the target population for their products. To harness the skills of this demographic they have created a series of very successful initiatives including mentoring programs, branding, rising stars and an aggressive work-life balance agenda.
On top of this their social media policy includes internal Facebook pages and Instagram, which is being harnessed to drive engagement and retention.
Stage One: Emerging4:40 pm - 5:20 pm Could You Get from Zero to GBS in 3 Years?
Unlike the incremental approach that companies have traditionally taken to shared services, there are a number of intrepid firms going straight to GBS. In this session one such GBS describes their bold transformation; why they chose this route, the blueprint and how they managed their workforce through this rapid change.
Stage Two: Evolving4:40 pm - 5:20 pm ADDING VALUE TO THE C-SUITE: Becoming a Strategic Partner to the Business
There are many ways your shared services can add value back to the board. As you move beyond cost-saving, it’s vital you explore these to keep driving your shared services forward.
This session examines our SSO Journey evolving from a Transaction provider to a Value Add & Solution provider and how this allowed us to use the SSC to liberate executives’ time, whilst simultaneously providing strategic insight that contributes to company top and bottom line.
Stage Three: Adding Value4:40 pm - 5:20 pm Process Transformation: The Art Of The Possible - A Campbell's Soup Company Story
Bethmara Kessler, Senior Vice President, Integrated Global Services, talks about how Campbell Soup Company’s Integrated Global Services organization is transforming the way shared services fuels growth for the business.
She takes you along the company’s unique journey to transform global processes by harnessing the power of design thinking, collaborating hubs (a mechanism used to explore innovation and work through problem solving), robotic process automation, and more.
GBS Evolutions Forum- Hosted by: KPMG4:20 pm - 5:20 pm GBS EVOLUTIONS ROOM Customer Experience Management: GBS as an Enabler of Customer Experience Transformation
- What changes are you seeing in your industry toward customer-centric orientation – emphasizing the customer experience as a foremost priority?
- How do these changes translate to necessary middle and back office GBS transformations?
- Where do you see increased integration of GBS to front-office functions/processes?
- What are the implications for your GBS brand?
5:20 pm - 5:25 pm 5 MINUTE TRANSITION TO THE PLENARY
5:25 pm - 6:05 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Geopolitical Changes and their Impact on GBS
Brexit, Safe Harbor, Duterte in the Philippines and Trump’s ‘Made in America’ are just a few examples of the many political and economic rulings shaping global trade. But what are the implications for the outsourcing industry? How are enterprises planning and operating their Global Business Services strategy and ensuring their work with overseas partners is not put at risk? Coupled with this, a rapidly aging population poses a threat to sustainability in many traditional SSC and BPO locations. This panel examines these vital external factors, and offers solutions you can use to future proof your SSO.
6:05 pm - 6:45 pm KEYNOTE: DELIGHTING YOUR CUSTOMERS: Applying Customer First Strategies to the Back Office
Every year, new data comes out that indicates customer experience is more important than ever. According to Forrester 72% of businesses say that improving their CX is a top priority whilst a study from New Voice Media shows that companies lose more than $62 billion due to poor customer service. Unsurprisingly, most advanced CX strategies originate in the front office however more often than not they fail to permeate through to the SSC. Good CX can help drive your SSC up the maturity curve, increase productivity and collaboration and retain talent, so how do you go about it? This session takes B2C customer experience and demonstrates how you can use it to create surprising service and seamless omni-channel customer experience in the back office
6:45 pm - 6:45 pm SSOW AROUND THE WORLD EXHIBIT HALL SOIRÉE
Care for a Belgian beer? Perhaps some sushi? Or salsa and chips? Looking for some greenery? Maybe some fresh air in a bar setting? Our Soirée has it all!
Don't miss out on the party of the year right in our Exhibit Hall!