Global Procurement and Service Delivery Summit
Unlocking the Value of Procurement Through Shared Services and Outsourcing
This brand-new 2 day event immerses you in discussions around the “New Procurement Operating Model” that create enterprise value. Take advantage of new delivery alternatives (cloud, selective sourcing and shared services) and learn how to offer new services globally, improve automation and spend analytics and create real enterprise value by engaged business leadership.
This exciting new forum runs concurrently with the SSOWeek – so you can either purchase our roaming pass, the All Access Pass, to move between Main Conference Sessions and the Procurement Sessions OR you can purchase your Procurement Summit Pass on its own. Ask one of our representatives for more information at email@example.com.
2013 Global Procurement Service Delivery Summit @SSOWeek Sponsors & Exhibitors:
Download the complete Global Procurement Service Delivery Summit Agenda.
Tuesday March 5, 2013
10:25 CHAIRPERSON OPERNING REMARKS
Global Practice Lead - Sourcing & Procurement Outsourcing Practice
10:30 Scaling Growth: Adapting your Procurement Function to the Changing Landscape and Growing
Profile of the Industry
- Why has procurement become more high profile in recent years? (even down to the language: commissioning vs. procurement)
- How are CPOs adapting and evolving as the procurement function is seen in a more executive light
- What does this mean for the future of procurement, the professionals who sit inside the function, and organizations who are heavily impacted by this recent evolution
Hans Van Eck-Casteels
11:10 Addressing the Top 3 Challenges While Building a Global Business Strategy for Procurement
- Learn best ways to deal with the cultural barriers especially across so many different countries within Europe
- Understand the root problems when dealing with indirect procurement vendors and how to address those issues
- Find out the geographic trends to which indirect procurement vendors are moving towards and the challenges and opportunities this brings forth
Head of Indirect Procurement
11:45 Demo Drive in the Exhibit Hall
12:15 The Role of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) In Procurement
- Discuss the negotiation of new contracts with suppliers
- Learn about the development and execution of category strategies and tactical sourcing to ensure the benefits identified are delivered
- Understand how the business case for BPO Procurement differs from traditional F&A
Executive Vice President, Research
12:50 Networking Luncheon Sponsored By
1:40 Procurement’s Alignment with Finance
- How can e-invoicing help align finance and procurement?
- How can Procurement and Finance work together to deliver traditional finance support and analysis including budget, business case development, forecasting, etc.?
- How can you use the Procurement database to capture project level results and present an enterprise-level view of year-todate savings?
VP Finance Shared Services
BMC Software Inc.
2:10 End User Engagement: The Stakeholder Return on Procurement
- Learn the best ways to manage stakeholders who are building up their GBS
- How do you balance investment in procurement systems and end-user engagement?
- How do you make the business case up-front and the benefits of doing so rather than waiting until it is needed?
Vice President Global Procurement, Corporate Shared Services
2:40 How to Begin a Successful Procurement Transformation – 5 Steps
Organizations recognize the need for procurement transformation and know what the end results should be, but where to
This session focuses on the first steps that organizations should take to begin a procurement transformation process,
as well as tips on how to encourage user adoption within the organization. Specifically, it will look at:
- Where and how to gain buy-in for your program
- How to establish realistic project expectations
- How to assess the broader landscape
- How to determine the right people to involve
- When and how to communicate: The right level of involvement to keep things moving
- Case studies will demonstrate how these steps facilitate successful procurement transformations and how to achieve the best results from a procure-to-pay solution.
Vice President & COO
3:10 Driving Efficiency and Cost Improvement through Purchasing Shared Services
- How clear separation of Sourcing and Purchasing activities improves leverage
- Technology as enabler for re-organization of Purchasing services
- Staff optimization from reducing locations worldwide by 80%
Head of Americas & Procurement Standards & Tools
3:50 Afternoon Networking & Refreshment Break
4:20 Co-Sourcing to Uplift Spend Under Management
During this presentation, executives will learn:
- Spend under management: best-in-class definition and measures of spend under management
- Landscape and trends: five trends of co-sourcing and how they’re changing the “S2C” landscape?
- Tail-end spend management: effective control of tail-end and spot-buy in a co-sourcing model
VP Business Transformation and Solution Design
5:00 Supplier Relationship Management –Gain Insight of the Importance, the Risks and the Benefits of
Your Supplier Relationships
- What does a leading SRM function look like in the new world of (financial services and health care) regulations?
- How can SRM be used as an extension of Category Management execution to continue value delivery beyond the Sourcing event?
- Which risk measurement tools and processes are relevant to SRM?
Chief Procurement Officer
5:30 Procurement Capabilities in M&A: Value Creation
- When an organization grows through a series of acquisitions, how does the procurement function continue to capitalize on opportunities at such a rapid rate that they leave nothing on the table?
- Why does cost-reduction not get attention when most M&As realize 80% cost-savings and only 20% value creation?
- Of that 80% in cost-savings, how does Procurement account for 50% and is that trend growing?
Senior Vice President Global Procurement
6:00 Cocktail Reception in the Exhibit Hall